Friday, February 5, 2010

Elementary, my dear Watson.

I kind of had an idea of what Sherlock Holmes was before I started to read this book. Though I may have been under the impression that he was a real person. (Since he is character in a novel, I’m guessing he wasn’t.) This was a fast, fun, super enjoyable read. Each chapter stands on its own with its own little mystery. Perfect for reading in small chunks and perfect for the Kindle.

I liked how the author portrayed Sherlock’s processes of “deduction” to figure out each mystery. (There’s a lot of tapping of the fingers together and saying “Hum.”) Sherlock is a fully formed character at the start of the book so you don’t get to see how he got that way. It would have been cool to see him as a young man developing his processes and learning about how to solve mysteries.

This is one of those books that I’m SO glad I read and I wouldn’t necessarily have picked it up on my own.

Next up: Aesop's Fables on the Kindle, during what the media are calling a "paralyzing" snowstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment