Sunday, January 31, 2010

Huh?

I just finished Adjunct: An Undigest by Peter Manson. This book was very, uh, different. I’ll include a quote. From Page 18.

“Dr. Ramsay good at injections. Prynne lineation in poems not by Prynne. Rabbi Hugo Gryn is dead.”

The book is entirely like that. Well beyond my understanding.

Here’s a recipe for Bistro Dinner Salad.

For the salad:

1 box (probably 5-6 cups) mixed herb salad

¼ c walnuts

¼ c dried cranberries

1 pear, chopped

½ c Gorgonzola cheese crumbles

7 slices bacon

3 eggs

Sliced French bread

For the dressing:

1 ½ T Dijon mustard

1/2 c Olive oil

1 tsp tarragon

½ c white wine vinegar

Cook bacon in large cast iron skillet and hard boil the eggs. Place other ingredients for the salad, other than the French bread, in large salad bowl. Slice the French bread and lightly toast in toaster. Prepare the dressing. When bacon is done cooking, tear into little pieces and add to salad. Toss the salad with the dressing. Serve in bowls and top with sliced hard boiled eggs and pieces of toasted bread.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the cover of that one, I was like, here we go. Modernity into obscurity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I just missed the point entirely...but I also don't think that I am the intended audience for this book.

    ReplyDelete