Friday, December 25, 2009

Where we are, and where we are going.

I just moved, and my copy of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die is still packed in a box. Since I'm sitting here with Marissa (yay!) I decided to borrow her copy and post a list of the first 20 or so books that we will be reading. So that we can refer back to it. (And so I can stop texting Marissa at random times to ask what books are next on the list.)

Where we are - the first 10 books:
1. Aaron's Rod by D.H. Lawrence
2. The Abbot C by Georges Bataille
3. Absalom, Absalom! by William Faulkner
4. The Absentee by Maria Edgeworth
5. Absolute Beginners by Colin MacInnes
6. Ada by Vladimir Nabokov
7. Adam Bede by George Eliot
8. Adjunct: An Undigest by Peter Manson
9. The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow
10. The Adventures of Caleb Williams by William Godwin

Where we are going - the next 10 books:
11. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
12. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
13. Aesop's Fables by Aesopus
14. After the Death of Don Juan by Sylvia Townsend Warner
15. After the Quake by Haruki Murakami
16. The Afternoon of a Writer by Peter Handke
17. Against the Grain by Joris-Karl Huysmans
18. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
19. Agnes Gray by Anne Bronte
20. Aithiopika by Heliodorus

I'm pretty excited about some of the books that we have coming up. There are some classics that I've never read, and some that are really, really old!

Also, Marissa got Mike and me the most awesome Christmas present this year - a Kindle! I can't wait to start using it. It seems like a great way to read some of these books - I love how portable it is.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment